Blackpool loan move for City summer signing
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Belgian Under-21 international defender Rocky Bushiri has linked up with League One Blackpool on a season long loan.
The 19-year-old only joined the club from K.V. Oostende last month after spending the season on loan in the Belgian top flight with K.A.S. Eupen.
Bushiri is the second Norwich player to join the Seasiders after left back James Husband completed a season long switch last week.
"I'm happy to be here because it's a club with ambitions to grow with a new manager," he told Blackpool's official site. "I've never played in England and I want to get experience by coming here on loan. I've been training for five weeks with Norwich and I feel ready to play."
Seasiders' boss Simon Grayson feels the teenager will prove a real asset.
You may also want to watch:
"We're delighted to bring Rocky in on loan," he said. "I was made aware of his availability by a contact at Norwich and his arrival will strengthen competition in the defensive line. He's a strong, athletic defender who has played numerous times in the Belgian First Division and represented his country at under-21 level."
Bushiri is one of a number of City's development squad to secure loan moves, with more expected to be confirmed in the next day or two.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits