Blackpool loan move for City summer signing
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Belgian Under-21 international defender Rocky Bushiri has linked up with League One Blackpool on a season long loan.
The 19-year-old only joined the club from K.V. Oostende last month after spending the season on loan in the Belgian top flight with K.A.S. Eupen.
Bushiri is the second Norwich player to join the Seasiders after left back James Husband completed a season long switch last week.
"I'm happy to be here because it's a club with ambitions to grow with a new manager," he told Blackpool's official site. "I've never played in England and I want to get experience by coming here on loan. I've been training for five weeks with Norwich and I feel ready to play."
Seasiders' boss Simon Grayson feels the teenager will prove a real asset.
You may also want to watch:
"We're delighted to bring Rocky in on loan," he said. "I was made aware of his availability by a contact at Norwich and his arrival will strengthen competition in the defensive line. He's a strong, athletic defender who has played numerous times in the Belgian First Division and represented his country at under-21 level."
Bushiri is one of a number of City's development squad to secure loan moves, with more expected to be confirmed in the next day or two.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis