Blackpool loan move for City summer signing
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Belgian Under-21 international defender Rocky Bushiri has linked up with League One Blackpool on a season long loan.
The 19-year-old only joined the club from K.V. Oostende last month after spending the season on loan in the Belgian top flight with K.A.S. Eupen.
Bushiri is the second Norwich player to join the Seasiders after left back James Husband completed a season long switch last week.
"I'm happy to be here because it's a club with ambitions to grow with a new manager," he told Blackpool's official site. "I've never played in England and I want to get experience by coming here on loan. I've been training for five weeks with Norwich and I feel ready to play."
Seasiders' boss Simon Grayson feels the teenager will prove a real asset.
You may also want to watch:
"We're delighted to bring Rocky in on loan," he said. "I was made aware of his availability by a contact at Norwich and his arrival will strengthen competition in the defensive line. He's a strong, athletic defender who has played numerous times in the Belgian First Division and represented his country at under-21 level."
Bushiri is one of a number of City's development squad to secure loan moves, with more expected to be confirmed in the next day or two.
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 7 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City
- 8 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 9 Norwich City ace features in trailer for Euro 2020
- 10 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1