Rotherham United v Norwich City - The Lowdown
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Can Warnie do Norwich City a favour in the Championship title race? Get in the mood with video, quotes, betting odds, predicted line-ups and squad news.
• ROTHERHAM UNITED TEAM NEWS
Joe Mattock and Will Vaulks are suspended. Defender Mattock starts a two-game ban following his 10th booking of the season in the midweek win over QPR, while midfielder Vaulks has two games of his three-match suspension to serve.
• NORWICH TEAM NEWS
Daniel Farke reported no fresh injury worries on Friday after the midweek 3-2 Championship win against Hull City that moved Norwich back to the top of the table. Farke however did hint at changes for the third game in eight days with the likes of Alex Tettey, Mario Vrancic and Moritz Leitner all fit and available. Louis Thompson (ankle) made his development return earlier this week. Carlton Morris (ankle) is out longer term.
You may also want to watch:
• FROM THE DUGOUTS
Paul Warne (Rotherham): “If you said to me now we would have a point, would I take it? I probably would because a point at the bottom of the table at the minute is gold dust, however we’ll try and go for three so if we can come out with a positive result, then great.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
“Norwich will bring a big following because they are flying high and hopefully it will be one of those occasions where our fans contribute massively to get every sinew of energy out of every player because we’re going to need it.”
Daniel Farke (Norwich), on the reaction to Tim Krul’s error against Hull: “We need a keeper who is willing and who is brave enough to use the ball to bypass the pressing of the opponent. To build up the short passes. If we had a keeper who put the ball in the stand or the river or big kicks we could not play with Teemu Pukki or Emi (Buendia) or Onel (Hernandez) or Moritz. He fits to our style.
“I got the feeling he was a good signing. He made it clear after being out for nearly 18 months he had a shaky start but in recent weeks he has made some brilliant saves.
“The goal the other night was a bad first touch and he had to put the ball away a bit hectic but if a bad first touch in one instance is the only thing we are talking about over a number of weeks then things are not too bad. Tim will be outstanding in the next weeks but we won the game so we can accept.”
• KEY MAN – SEMI AJAYI
Can operate in defence or as a holding midfielder but in the midst of a fantastic goalscoring run as well which saw him notch a match-winning brace in the dramatic stoppage time 2-1 midweek victory at QPR. That brought his tally to five goals in his last four games for the struggling Millers.
• OPPOSITION BOSS – PAUL WARNE
Norwich fan, Norfolk-bred. Found a home from home at Rotherham after a lengthy journey that started in non league circles with notably Diss Town’s FA Vase triumph. Reluctantly stepped up, by his own admission, from a caretaker role at the Millers but guided Rotherham to League One play-off success last season and still firmly in the mix to escape relegation.
• BETTING ODDS
(odds supplied from Skybet)
• LEAGUE FORM
ROTHERHAM: W-L-W-D-D (8 points from a possible 15)
CITY: W-W-W-W-W (15 points from a possible 15)
• PREDICTED LINE-UPS
Rotherham (4-1-4-1): Rodak, Vyner, Ihiekwe, Wood, Mattock, Ajayi, Taylor, Towell, Wiles, Newell, Smith
Norwich (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; Leitner, Tettey; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki
• REFEREE – OLIVER LANGFORD (WEST MIDS)
Shown 96 yellow and six red cards in 30 appointments this season.
• Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device’s app store