PRESSER LIVE: Rotherham United v Norwich City - Farke confirms Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell will stay
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship trip to Rotherham - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
It already feels like a busy Friday with Onel Hernandez ruled out for up to 12 weeks with an adductor injury and Tom Trybull sealing his expected Championship loan move to Blackburn Rovers.
But there is the small matter of a Championship return at Rotherham United following the international break. A break that also saw the departures of Ben Godfrey to Everton and Timm Klose on a season long loan to FC Basel, with the option of a permanent deal.
Farke was pressed for his reaction to all that news but confirmed the likes of Max Aarons, Emi Buendia and Todd Cantwell will be here beyond Friday’s 5pm deadline. Along with providing a full fitness update on the rest of his squad for this weekend.
Christoph Zimmermann (calf) is ruled out but expected to be in contention for next week’s home game on Tuesday. Grant Hanley is in contention this weekend after returning prior to the international break following his hamstring surgery at the end of last season.
You may also want to watch:
Marco Stiepermann (neck) and Cantwell (knock) are injury doubts for the Millers but will be assessed over the next 24 hours.
Przemyslaw Placheta is back and available after missing the defeat to Derby with a hamstring issue, but Farke revealed he is not ready for 90 minutes after 17 days out.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Kieran Dowell and Sam Byram are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key lines in the window above with full reaction and build up to the closing hours of the transfer window and City’s Championship game at the Millers throughout the day on pinkun.com