Canaries run the rule over 'keeper
Michael Bailey Norwich City have been taking a look at American goalkeeper Matt Pickens, who has been training at Colney over the past few days.
Norwich City have been taking a look at American goalkeeper Matt Pickens, who has been training at Colney over the past few days.
The 25-year-old is out of contract after playing for Major League Soccer side Chicago Fire last season, although his agent and previous club are still in talks over the player's future.
Norwich have had several triallists at the club over the past few weeks, including CSKA Sofia defender Valentin Iliev and young 'keeper Ashley Timms, who was in goal for the reserves' 5-1 drubbing by Ipswich last year.
You may also want to watch:
Any deal for Iliev was said to be scuppered by concerns over a work permit for the player, while Timms hasn't been seen since the infamous second string outing.
Despite City boss Glenn Roeder rejecting claims he made an attempt to sign Newcastle United 'keeper Steve Harper, news of Pickens' appearance at Colney may indicate he is looking to bring in a new goalkeeper following the departure of academy product Joe Lewis to Peterborough for £400,000 last week.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
The City chief currently has David Marshall and Matthew Gilks to choose from, with 18-year-old Steven Arnold making several appearances on the first team bench and academy youngsters Declan Rudd and Jed Steer rising quickly through the ranks.