SC Verl 0 Norwich City 3 - Dowell impresses in German tour opener
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City began their pre-season tour of Germany with a 3-0 win over third tier side SC Verl on Monday afternoon.
Summer signing Kieran Dowell fired the Canaries in front before picking out Adam Idah to double the lead prior to the interval. Timm Klose then hooked home a second half third in a decent work out for Daniel Farke’s men.
City opened up with a 6-0 cruise against Russell Martin’s MK Dons behind-closed-doors at Colney on Friday in their first outing of the summer. Daniel Farke’s squad travelled to Germany on Sunday and are also scheduled to play Dynamo Dresden and SC Darmstadt over the coming days,
Jordan Hugill’s move from West Ham was confirmed on Monday lunchtime, and the bustling striker has now linked up with his new team mates at their Harsewinkel base.
Hugill joins fellow close season arrivals Przemyslaw Placheta, Kieran Dowell and Jacob Lungi in the ranks as City looked to embark on a major overhaul of the squad following relegation from the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
• Recap the main action in the window above.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 9 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 10 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary