SC Verl 0 Norwich City 3 - Dowell impresses in German tour opener
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City began their pre-season tour of Germany with a 3-0 win over third tier side SC Verl on Monday afternoon.
Summer signing Kieran Dowell fired the Canaries in front before picking out Adam Idah to double the lead prior to the interval. Timm Klose then hooked home a second half third in a decent work out for Daniel Farke’s men.
City opened up with a 6-0 cruise against Russell Martin’s MK Dons behind-closed-doors at Colney on Friday in their first outing of the summer. Daniel Farke’s squad travelled to Germany on Sunday and are also scheduled to play Dynamo Dresden and SC Darmstadt over the coming days,
Jordan Hugill’s move from West Ham was confirmed on Monday lunchtime, and the bustling striker has now linked up with his new team mates at their Harsewinkel base.
Hugill joins fellow close season arrivals Przemyslaw Placheta, Kieran Dowell and Jacob Lungi in the ranks as City looked to embark on a major overhaul of the squad following relegation from the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
• Recap the main action in the window above.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League