Raggett weighs up City summer exit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Sean Raggett is not ruling out a permanent move to Portsmouth, if he can impress over the rest of his loan spell.
Raggett has forced his way into Kenny Jackett's side after an injury-hit start to his spell on the south-coast.
The powerhouse centre back is out of contract at Carrow Road this summer, although there is an option, but Raggett wants to focus on his football before then.
"I've not really thought about my future," he said. "I'm just focused on playing as many games as I can and trying to get Portsmouth up into the Championship.
"I've never really thought too much about contracts during the season.
You may also want to watch:
"I always tell my agent to leave that until the off season. I just want to focus on football.
"If you get your football right the rest looks after itself. That's the way I look at it.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
'Obviously, everyone has bills to play and people look at it differently. But, for me, if I focus on football everything else will look after itself."
Raggett has made only two substitute appearances for Norwich since arriving from Lincoln in 2017. A permanent switch south would appeal for the Gillingham-born defender.
"I'd be open to it, but I'm just focusing on this season," he said, quoted in The News. "I enjoy it. There's a good group of lads down here and I'm enjoying it.
'It only takes me a couple of hours to get back to see my family. Last season I was a long way away up at Rotherham. Before that, I was at Lincoln which is almost as far and Norwich. So it's nice to be down here because I'm a southern boy."