City confirm Sebastian Soto deal
- Credit: Jason Dawson
Norwich City have confirmed the signing of striker Sebastian Soto, who has joined the Canaries on a three-year deal after his contract with Hannover expired.
The 20-year-old USA youth international is now poised for a loan move next season to comply with work permit requirements.
The Canaries have been looking at clubs in Belgium and Holland, with Soto currently on trial at Dutch second division side SC Telstar.
“It’s a proud feeling. It’s super exciting to join Norwich City,” said Soto, quoted on the club’s official site. “The facilities here are really impressive. From the minute I arrived here, it’s given me a lot of excitement.
“Being a young player, it’s nice to hear that the head coach gives us a chance. It was a big factor in me moving here.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m striker that loves scoring goals. I love being part of a good team that plays good football.”
“(I’m most looking forward to) playing at Carrow Road, in front of these great fans and making my mark here.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
“It will be a dream come true when that happens.”
Californian Soto began his youth career with San Diego Surf before moving to MLS side Real Salt Lake. He moved to Germany to join Hannover in 2018 and made his Bundesliga debut against Wolfsburg in April 2019. Soto made five league appearances in total for Hannover during the past two seasons.
The US youth international, who also qualifies to represent Chile at international level through his father, starred in last summer’s Under-20 FIFA World Cup, scoring four times as the US made it to the quarter-finals.
Soto is the latest new face unveiled by the Canaries following relegation from the Premier League. Bali Mumba’s move from Sunderland was confirmed on Monday, following on from the arrivals of Jacob Sorensen and Przemyslaw Placheta.
The quartet join previous signings Sam McCallum, Melvin Sitti and Danel Sinani at Carrow Road as City plot a Championship fightback.