Canaries set to miss out to Celtic

Norwich City's bid to scupper Mark McAllister's move to Celtic appears to have failed with the striker due to sign on at Parkhead later today. The 19-year-old, who has scored 15 goals for Dungannon Swifts this season, has flown to Scotland to complete the deal after an undisclosed bid was accepted by the Irish side.

Norwich City's bid to scupper Mark McAllister's move to Celtic appears to have failed with the striker due to sign on at Parkhead later today.

The 19-year-old, who has scored 15 goals for Dungannon Swifts this season, has flown to Scotland to complete the deal after an undisclosed bid was accepted by the Irish side.

Celtic coach Tommy Burns contacted Dungannon boss Harry Fay on Thursday night to confirm that the deal was going ahead.

“Tommy has been true to his word,” said Fay. “He said it would just take a few days to formalise details and he would get it sorted as quickly as possible.


You may also want to watch:


“It's a great chance for Mark. I've no doubt he'll make the grade.”

The Canaries had tried to hijack the bid earlier in the week after they had watched the striker play in the Irish cup final last weekend. However, their attempt has fallen on deaf ears and McAllister has decided to join the Scottish champions for next season instead.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus