PRESSER LIVE: Owls v City - Gibson a doubt; Idah out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Limited
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game at Sheffield Wednesday - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries face a televised Sunday lunchtime trip to the Owls bidding for an eighth straight league win that has seen them pull 10 points clear of the chasing pack, ahead of the latest round of fixtures.
Ben Gibson is a doubt with fresh hamstring issues. The on-loan Burnley defender has not trained with his team mates in recent days but Farke will make a late decision on the centre back, who missed two games recently.
"There is a little doubt," said the City chief. "He has had some hamstring problems and he is struggling a little bit again. The load during this season after more or less no football for the previous two seasons he is complaining a bit of some pain.
"He hasn't trained with us this week, doing individual work. We still have two sessions and I hope he can join us. I can't confirm he is available yet for Sunday."
Adam Idah is definitely ruled out. The Republic of Ireland international will see a specialist on Monday regarding a hernia problem that might require surgery. Farke reported no other fresh injury issues.
"Adam had some problems during the week with his hernia," said Farke. "He needs to see a specialist on Monday. It is improving in the last 24 hours but he still feels some pain and there is even a little fear he perhaps needs a surgery. Let's wait for the assessment."
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 7 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
January signing Orjan Nyland and attacking midfielder, Marco Stiepermann, come into contention after a return to full team training and a recent development outing.
Nyland is available after completing his rehab following back surgery prior to Christmas, while Stiepermann had three development appearances as part of his recovery from Epstein-Barr virus.
Sam Byram (hamstring) and Michael McGovern (hamstring) are longer term absentees. McGovern is scheduled to re-join team later training this month.
Moritz Leitner is not part of the plans.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game at Hillsborough throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com