PINKUN CLASSICS: Happy FA Cup quarter-final day City fans
- Credit: Archant Library
Norwich City were scheduled to host Manchester United in an FA Cup quarter-final on Sunday afternoon. So why don’t you sit down and watch the last Carrow Road quarter-final with the Pinkun crew.
City’s scheduled last-eight date, after squeezing past Tottenham on penalties in front of 9,000 travelling fans, was postponed as part of a football-wide shutdown in light of the coronavirus global pandemic.
Daniel Farke’s squad will have a chance to reach the FA Cup semi-finals for the first time since a memorable night in Norfolk 28 years ago.
The Canaries edged an epic against Southampton, with Chris Sutton’s looping header sealing the win in extra-time after a goalless affair on the south-coast.
What better way to whet the appetite for what is to come than a trip down memory lane? Watch highlights of the action in the company of the Pinkun chaps.
You may also want to watch:
Connor Southwell is your host for a new feature while long-standing season ticket holder, Ian Clarke, provides a first hand account of his recollections from both ties.
• Just click on the video above and follow the instructions. Please feel free to suggest other classic Canaries’ encounter for the Pinkun crew to put a modern take on.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries