Norwich City transfer rumours: Everton track James Maddison
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison’s stellar form for the Canaries this season is attracting interest from Everton.
The 20-year-old midfielder earned a first call up to the England Under-21 set-up last week following a series of eye-catching performances for Norwich over recent months.
Now ESPN claim on Monday afternoon the Premier League Toffees’ is tracking the former Coventry City starlet.
Everton’s director of football, Steve Walsh, reportedly watched the youngster in City’s 2-1 Championship defeat at Bolton on Saturday.
Maddison signed a new longer term deal at Carrow Road in the summer, keeping him with the Canaries until at least 2021, and the club’s top brass made it clear last week after unveiling the latest set of accounts head coach Daniel Farke is under no pressure to offload any of his top talent in January.
You may also want to watch:
Maddison was previously touted with both Liverpool and Tottenham before City swooped to sign the midfielder from Coventry in 2016.
The youngster has already established himself as a cult figure among Norwich’s support after scoring the winner in the recent derby win over Ipswich Town. Maddison’s sublime goal to sink Middlesbrough also earned him September’s Championship goal-of-the-month - one of four in 17 appearances during his breakthrough season for the club.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 7 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
The classy midfielder joined up with the Young Lions at St George’s Park on Sunday ahead of flying out to the Ukraine for a European Championship U21 qualifier on Friday.