Norwich City transfer rumours: Everton track James Maddison
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison’s stellar form for the Canaries this season is attracting interest from Everton.
The 20-year-old midfielder earned a first call up to the England Under-21 set-up last week following a series of eye-catching performances for Norwich over recent months.
Now ESPN claim on Monday afternoon the Premier League Toffees’ is tracking the former Coventry City starlet.
Everton’s director of football, Steve Walsh, reportedly watched the youngster in City’s 2-1 Championship defeat at Bolton on Saturday.
Maddison signed a new longer term deal at Carrow Road in the summer, keeping him with the Canaries until at least 2021, and the club’s top brass made it clear last week after unveiling the latest set of accounts head coach Daniel Farke is under no pressure to offload any of his top talent in January.
You may also want to watch:
Maddison was previously touted with both Liverpool and Tottenham before City swooped to sign the midfielder from Coventry in 2016.
The youngster has already established himself as a cult figure among Norwich’s support after scoring the winner in the recent derby win over Ipswich Town. Maddison’s sublime goal to sink Middlesbrough also earned him September’s Championship goal-of-the-month - one of four in 17 appearances during his breakthrough season for the club.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 9 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
The classy midfielder joined up with the Young Lions at St George’s Park on Sunday ahead of flying out to the Ukraine for a European Championship U21 qualifier on Friday.