Norwich City transfer rumours: Everton track James Maddison
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison’s stellar form for the Canaries this season is attracting interest from Everton.
The 20-year-old midfielder earned a first call up to the England Under-21 set-up last week following a series of eye-catching performances for Norwich over recent months.
Now ESPN claim on Monday afternoon the Premier League Toffees’ is tracking the former Coventry City starlet.
Everton’s director of football, Steve Walsh, reportedly watched the youngster in City’s 2-1 Championship defeat at Bolton on Saturday.
Maddison signed a new longer term deal at Carrow Road in the summer, keeping him with the Canaries until at least 2021, and the club’s top brass made it clear last week after unveiling the latest set of accounts head coach Daniel Farke is under no pressure to offload any of his top talent in January.
You may also want to watch:
Maddison was previously touted with both Liverpool and Tottenham before City swooped to sign the midfielder from Coventry in 2016.
The youngster has already established himself as a cult figure among Norwich’s support after scoring the winner in the recent derby win over Ipswich Town. Maddison’s sublime goal to sink Middlesbrough also earned him September’s Championship goal-of-the-month - one of four in 17 appearances during his breakthrough season for the club.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
The classy midfielder joined up with the Young Lions at St George’s Park on Sunday ahead of flying out to the Ukraine for a European Championship U21 qualifier on Friday.