Norwich City will hit the goal trail, pledges Cameron Jerome
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Cameron Jerome is adamant Norwich City have the firepower to flourish in the Championship.
The experienced frontman was denied a first half goal, disallowed for offside, in Saturday’s 0-0 league stalemate against Bristol City.
Jerome has plundered 36 goals in the second tier in his last two completed seasons for the Canaries, and the 31-year-old insists he is not worried by City’s fitful productivity.
“Last year we were the top scoring team in the Championship, along with Fulham and Newcastle, and the goals were spread out right through the team. That will be the case again this year, I really believe that, when we click,” he said. “I have been around and my record is there for everyone to see. I think with the attacking talent we have got and the way the manager wants to play football, he wants possession-based football, play through the middle and create overloads for the striker to get chances,
“I think once we really click into the method he wants - because there is still so much more to come from us - it is new to a lot of the lads, then we will be really difficult to stop.”
You may also want to watch:
Jerome was philosophical at being denied a first league goal of the new campaign against the Robins.
“Hopefully those decisions even themselves out. It is tough for officials with players coming in and out of the box,” he said. “When a goal is not given, that should be, it is disappointing. That is football. You have to get on with it, believe you will get another one in the second half. It is not nice. I heard at half-time it should have stood. I went up to the ref and told him I thought he had got that one wrong. But you move on as a player.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 5 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights