RECAP: Norwich City finish German tour unbeaten after SV Darmstadt double header
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s squad depth was tested to the full with a 3-2 win and a 0-0 draw in two full scale practice games against Bundesliga 2 side SV Darmstadt on Saturday to wrap up the club’s pre-season tour of Germany.
Young Welsh keeper Dan Barden featured in the second friendly ahead of what is set to be his competitive bow in next week’s League Cup tie at Luton Town, given City have more than 15 players away on international duty.
Jamal Lewis also made his first appearance of pre-season after what his head coach labelled an early pre-season niggle.
Przemyslaw Placheta, Teemu Pukki and Josh Martin were all on target in the first friendly, although Darmstadt hit back with a late brace from top gun Serdar Dursan. Chances were harder to come by in the second match, although Jordan Hugill was denied by a fine stop from the keeper.
Norwich had won both their previous tour matches, beating SC Verl 3-0 and Dynamo Dresden 2-0, after opening up with a 6-0 hammering of MK Dons at Colney.
You may also want to watch:
City’s squad will return to England on Sunday to prepare for the upcoming League Cup tie.
• Recap all the key action and reaction in the window above with Paddy Davitt.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push