RECAP: Norwich City finish German tour unbeaten after SV Darmstadt double header
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s squad depth was tested to the full with a 3-2 win and a 0-0 draw in two full scale practice games against Bundesliga 2 side SV Darmstadt on Saturday to wrap up the club’s pre-season tour of Germany.
Young Welsh keeper Dan Barden featured in the second friendly ahead of what is set to be his competitive bow in next week’s League Cup tie at Luton Town, given City have more than 15 players away on international duty.
Jamal Lewis also made his first appearance of pre-season after what his head coach labelled an early pre-season niggle.
Przemyslaw Placheta, Teemu Pukki and Josh Martin were all on target in the first friendly, although Darmstadt hit back with a late brace from top gun Serdar Dursan. Chances were harder to come by in the second match, although Jordan Hugill was denied by a fine stop from the keeper.
Norwich had won both their previous tour matches, beating SC Verl 3-0 and Dynamo Dresden 2-0, after opening up with a 6-0 hammering of MK Dons at Colney.
You may also want to watch:
City’s squad will return to England on Sunday to prepare for the upcoming League Cup tie.
• Recap all the key action and reaction in the window above with Paddy Davitt.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move