PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Swansea City - Doubts over Rupp, Cantwell, Placheta, Stiepi, Gibson and Sorensen; Quintilla ruled out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship home game against Swansea City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke delivered a gloomy bulletin with the City head coach revealing a series of fitness doubts after a congested run of games.
Lukas Rupp (hamstring) and Przemyslaw Placheta (calf) are fresh concerns, along with Ben Gibson and Jacob Sorensen (muscular issues). Marco Stiepermann is still troubled by back and neck problems while Todd Cantwell is another who will be a late call after missing the midweek draw against Millwall with an ankle injury.
Farke did rule out Xavi Quintilla (hip), who has missed the last three games, but with Norwich’s squad set to train later on Friday afternoon the head coach will make a final decision on the rest of his players on the morning of the game.
Adam Idah does return to the mix after serving a three match ban for a red card against Wycombe.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 3 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 4 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 6 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 Skipp is making his mark at City
- 9 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 10 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against the Swans throughout the day on pinkun.com