Pukki sees off Sterling and De Bruyne to lift fan award
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City frontman Teemu Pukki has beaten some high profile Premier League rivals to be named the PFA fans’ player-of-the-month for August.
Pukki's five goals and one assist included becoming the first Norwich City player since 1993 to notch a top division hat-trick in the 3-1 Premier League home win over Newcastle United.
The Finn attracted 54pc of the votes cast from fans online over a nine-day period to beat Aston Villa and now England defender Tyrone Mings (18pc) into second place.
Chelsea youngster Mason Mount, another call up to Gareth Southgate's Three Lions' squad who scored in the Blues' 3-2 win against Norwich at Carrow Road last month, polled 12pc of the votes. Manchester City's world class duo Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling, along with Burnley's Ashley Barnes, were also on the shortlist.
Pukki will be a key figure in the Canaries' bid for Premier League survival but is now away on international duty for Finland. The Finns host Greece on Thursday before facing Group J leaders Italy on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Pukki's three goals in the qualifying campaign has moved the Finns into second spot with nine points from their opening four games.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round