‘Teemu is one of the best in the league’ - City chief backs striker to fire
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki’s barren spell is no cause for alarm for Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke.
Pukki's last goal in open play came at this Friday's opponents, Leicester City, back on December 14 after a prolific start to his first crack at the Premier League.
The Finn's two successful penalties against Bournemouth and Tottenham are the only league goals the bottom club have mustered since a New Year's Day 1-1 home draw against Crystal Palace.
"Teemu is one of the best in the league for me, without any doubt, and I am not concerned when he has a period where he is misses a chance," said Farke. "We totally believe in him, he doesn't have to prove anything to me.
"He has 11 goals in this league for a team sitting in position 20 in the table that doesn't create chances like Manchester City, for example.
You may also want to watch:
"He is so important to us.
"Of course it's always good for the striker when he scores goals. There were a few games when he missed a few chances but that happens to even the best strikers in the world.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
"In the Liverpool game, if you watch (Sadio) Mane, he was unbelievable to use his one chance but you can be sure over the season he has missed chances. Look at (Roberto) Firmino in that game he missed an unbelievable chance and he is regarded as one of the best strikers in the league at the moment."