Krul backs Canaries’ shadow men to step up against Manchester City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul insists depleted Norwich City will relish the chance to try and shock Premier League title favourites Manchester City.
Daniel Farke will be forced into changes to his starting line up for Saturday's televised test with Christoph Zimmermann and Tom Trybull ruled out through ankle injuries suffered against West Ham prior to the international break.
Farke will provide a further fitness update on defender Max Aarons on Friday lunchtime at Colney, following his ankle scare on England Under-21 duty, but number one Krul is backing the fringe players to prove their mettle.
"Last year, if there was an injury and someone had to come in, they always stepped up to the plate and took their chance," said Krul, speaking to OTBC, Norwich City's official matchday programme. "We'll have new players coming in against Manchester City and they just have to show that they're ready. The fringe players train so hard in pre-season and are pushing us so hard, so I've got no worries about that.
"Manchester City is world-class opposition and we can't wait to challenge ourselves. We realise it's not going to be an easy task but it's one we shouldn't put too much pressure on ourselves for.
You may also want to watch:
"We should go and express ourselves. We're against one of the best teams in the world but we're at Carrow Road in front of our own fans, who have been incredible.
"Against Chelsea, from the first second to the last, we felt we were going to get a result out of that game, so why not against Manchester City?"
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed