Krul backs Canaries’ shadow men to step up against Manchester City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul insists depleted Norwich City will relish the chance to try and shock Premier League title favourites Manchester City.
Daniel Farke will be forced into changes to his starting line up for Saturday's televised test with Christoph Zimmermann and Tom Trybull ruled out through ankle injuries suffered against West Ham prior to the international break.
Farke will provide a further fitness update on defender Max Aarons on Friday lunchtime at Colney, following his ankle scare on England Under-21 duty, but number one Krul is backing the fringe players to prove their mettle.
"Last year, if there was an injury and someone had to come in, they always stepped up to the plate and took their chance," said Krul, speaking to OTBC, Norwich City's official matchday programme. "We'll have new players coming in against Manchester City and they just have to show that they're ready. The fringe players train so hard in pre-season and are pushing us so hard, so I've got no worries about that.
"Manchester City is world-class opposition and we can't wait to challenge ourselves. We realise it's not going to be an easy task but it's one we shouldn't put too much pressure on ourselves for.
You may also want to watch:
"We should go and express ourselves. We're against one of the best teams in the world but we're at Carrow Road in front of our own fans, who have been incredible.
"Against Chelsea, from the first second to the last, we felt we were going to get a result out of that game, so why not against Manchester City?"
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis