Timm Klose signs new Norwich City deal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Timm Klose has signed on for Norwich City’s Premier League adventure.
The Canaries' defender has penned a new Carrow Road deal keeping him at the club until 2022.
Klose would have been out of contract next month but had made it clear he wanted to stay and be part of next season's Premier League tilt under Daniel Farke.
The Swiss international was linked with Fenerbache and Glasgow Rangers since the end of the Championship title-winning campaign but was in talks for months with City's top brass to remain in Norfolk.
"I'm delighted we are playing in the Premier League next year and that was one of the reasons why I've chosen to stay in Norwich," Klose told the club's official site.
You may also want to watch:
"I love it here and I really feel at home. It's the first time in my career I can say that, that I feel at home somewhere else other than back in Switzerland. That was another reason why I wanted to stay.
"It's fantastic that the club has given me this opportunity to sign the new contract and stay for another three years.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 9 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
"I know that I'm one of the oldest now and I want to be a good leader on and off the pitch to help develop the younger lads as well as win games."
Farke blocked a potential exit for the popular centre back 12 months ago to Hannover.
Klose originally joined Norwich in January 2016 from Wolfsburg but was unable to prevent the club slipping into the Championship. Now he is relishing the chance to make up for lost time in the Premier League.
"I'm very happy that we are back there to show that we can compete with the best teams in the country," he said.
"As a football player, you want to be at the top. You want to play in the top divisions and play for your nation or country. You have to achieve those goals with hard work, dedication and leave it all out there.
"If you leave your heart on the pitch, you will get the rewards.
"I'm looking forward to doing that again and showing that we can compete in the Premier League."