Timm Klose tests positive for coronavirus
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s on loan defender Timm Klose is in quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19 at FC Basel.
The experienced central defender returned a positive test on Thursday as part of Basel’s latest round of testing for staff.
The Swiss club confirmed the news on their social channels on Monday morning.
FC Basel tweeted: ‘The first team is back in training after returning form quarantine. Timm Klose will have to remain in quarantine due to testing positive for Covid-19 last Thursday. The remaining 47 team members and staff tested negative. #FCBasel1893 #zämmestark’
Klose linked up with his boyhood club in the closing days of the recent transfer window. The popular defender agreed a season long loan move with an option to buy for FC Basel.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old has yet to make his debut for FCB, with the Swiss domestic league set to resume on November 1 after a month break.
The latest news follows a positive coronavirus test for fellow City loanee, Rocky Bushiri, who is currently at KV Mechelen, reported earlier this month.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week