Timm Klose tests positive for coronavirus
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s on loan defender Timm Klose is in quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19 at FC Basel.
The experienced central defender returned a positive test on Thursday as part of Basel’s latest round of testing for staff.
The Swiss club confirmed the news on their social channels on Monday morning.
FC Basel tweeted: ‘The first team is back in training after returning form quarantine. Timm Klose will have to remain in quarantine due to testing positive for Covid-19 last Thursday. The remaining 47 team members and staff tested negative. #FCBasel1893 #zämmestark’
Klose linked up with his boyhood club in the closing days of the recent transfer window. The popular defender agreed a season long loan move with an option to buy for FC Basel.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old has yet to make his debut for FCB, with the Swiss domestic league set to resume on November 1 after a month break.
The latest news follows a positive coronavirus test for fellow City loanee, Rocky Bushiri, who is currently at KV Mechelen, reported earlier this month.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City