Timm Klose tests positive for coronavirus
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s on loan defender Timm Klose is in quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19 at FC Basel.
The experienced central defender returned a positive test on Thursday as part of Basel’s latest round of testing for staff.
The Swiss club confirmed the news on their social channels on Monday morning.
FC Basel tweeted: ‘The first team is back in training after returning form quarantine. Timm Klose will have to remain in quarantine due to testing positive for Covid-19 last Thursday. The remaining 47 team members and staff tested negative. #FCBasel1893 #zämmestark’
Klose linked up with his boyhood club in the closing days of the recent transfer window. The popular defender agreed a season long loan move with an option to buy for FC Basel.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old has yet to make his debut for FCB, with the Swiss domestic league set to resume on November 1 after a month break.
The latest news follows a positive coronavirus test for fellow City loanee, Rocky Bushiri, who is currently at KV Mechelen, reported earlier this month.
- 1 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 2 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 3 Paddy’s Pointers: Five observations from Norwich City’s eventful 3-2 Championship win against Stoke City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 5 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 6 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 7 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 8 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 9 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 10 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2