City’s youngsters to play East Anglian Derby
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The East Anglian Derby may not be on Norwich City’s Championship fixture list this season - but the Canaries Under-23s will face Ipswich Town’s youngsters in a friendly on Friday.
David Wright’s City side will face Gerard Nash’s Tractor Boys as they continue their preparations for the new season - kick off is at 5pm.
The fixture will take place behind closed doors - with spectators not permitted at the venue.
There may be no senior derby this season, but bragging rights are still at stake for the respective clubs.
City’s youngsters also discovered their EFL Trophy schedule - with the Canaries travelling to face Plymouth Argyle next Tuesday. Cheltenham Town and Newport County make up the group, with City hoping to progress to the latter stages of the competition.
You may also want to watch:
The Under-23s finished 11th in their Premier League 2 campaign last season, three points behind ninth-place Reading with a game in hand.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes