City’s youngsters to play East Anglian Derby
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The East Anglian Derby may not be on Norwich City’s Championship fixture list this season - but the Canaries Under-23s will face Ipswich Town’s youngsters in a friendly on Friday.
David Wright’s City side will face Gerard Nash’s Tractor Boys as they continue their preparations for the new season - kick off is at 5pm.
The fixture will take place behind closed doors - with spectators not permitted at the venue.
There may be no senior derby this season, but bragging rights are still at stake for the respective clubs.
City’s youngsters also discovered their EFL Trophy schedule - with the Canaries travelling to face Plymouth Argyle next Tuesday. Cheltenham Town and Newport County make up the group, with City hoping to progress to the latter stages of the competition.
You may also want to watch:
The Under-23s finished 11th in their Premier League 2 campaign last season, three points behind ninth-place Reading with a game in hand.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 7 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain