Would it make sense to sell Todd?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
I’m not a fan of selling our talented younger players. I was sad to see Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis join the ranks of James Maddison, the Murphy twins and Alex Pritchard, but in Todd Cantwell’s case I would find a sale more palatable.
Todd is a (brilliant) niche player; Daniel Farke needs niche, creative talents to make his 4-2-3-1 work and that’s why Todd has progressed as well as he has. However, quite frankly, I’d rather DF be enforced to play a more conventional set-up, preferably 3-4-3, and if DF has got fewer niche player available the more likely he is to make the tactical changes I feel he needs to make.
Cantwell is neither a winger, a striker or a central midfielder. He’s an attacking midfielder that thrives in the channels; precisely the player that is Kieran Dowell. The two players are far too similar to be in the same 11. We have proper natural width, left and right, with (Przemyslaw) Placheta and (Onel) Hernandez.
We have a sensational central #10 in (Emi) Buendia or (Mario) Vrancic, and three capable strikers. There are a plethora of other players on the fringes too.
This is a sale we could cover, and given those links to Leeds the football they play is perfect for the lad. If selling the Dereham Deco also keeps the bank at bay, so be it. Good luck to one of our own.
You may also want to watch:
Midfield Mike Taylor
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts