Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries lead the chase for Tottenham ace
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City is reportedly eyeing Tottenham’s young defender Maxwell Statham.
The Mirror claimed on Friday morning the Canaries are in pole position to swoop this summer if the 18-year-old centre back leaves Spurs.
Statham has recently trained with Mauricio Pochettino’s first team but appears to be heading out of the club and actually featured for City’s development squad in a 4-0 Premier League Two defeat against Wolves last month.
Statham is also on the radar of Sunderland, Brentford and Nottingham Forest but City ‘lead the chase’ for the son of former Spurs’ defender Brian Statham.
The Canaries loan move for Marcus Edwards may have bombed last season but Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke are believed to have built up a good relationship with the North London heavyweights.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham were heavily linked with Max Aarons in the January transfer window but Norwich resisted any temptation to cash in on their best young talent as they chase promotion to the Premier League.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill