Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a thrilling FA Cup penalty shoot out win over Tottenham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt has posted his marks following the Canaries’ breathless FA Cup spot kick success at Tottenham.
Here is Paddy's verdict on Daniel Farke's men, who served up an FA Cup victory for the ages in front of a 9,000 strong travelling support.
- Tim Krul
Priceless in the penalty shoot out. Is there anyone else you would want from 12 yards out? But big saves from Giovani Lo Celso early on and then in extra-time. Massive presence. 9
- Max Aarons
You may also want to watch:
City needed a spark after a sluggish opening quarter and Aarons was on the front foot ready to deliver it. Stuck to his guns when Spurs introduced Erik Lamela. 7
- Ben Godfrey
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 9 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
The tougher the test, the more this young man appears to relish the challenge. Needed all his athleticism and desire to sweep up when the game became increasingly stretched. 7
- Grant Hanley (C)
Held the backline together when Tottenham upped the ante in the wake of Josip Drmic's equaliser. Some vital interventions. Needed all his experience. 7
- Jamal Lewis
Unable to halt the flying Jan Vertonghen. But improved and was carrying the fight deep in extra-time. 7
- Tom Trybull
Big responsibility on his shoulders in the holding role. Looked rusty. One risky diagonal pass deep in his own box in the first half typified a shift with too many careless moments. 6
- Emi Buendia
Evidence for the prosecution. Coughed up a series of cheap turnovers while he sat on the ground as Tottenham raided. Ben Godfrey appeared to take great exception in the second half after one such episode. 6
- Lukas Rupp
Show of faith from his manager to start in central midfield. Did not pay off. Looked well short in all facets. 6
- Mario Vrancic
Weak in the aerial challenge with Vertonghen for Tottenham's goal. Couple of decent clipped passes but on the margins for the most part. 6
- Todd Cantwell
Plenty of heart and character to accept the responsibility in the penalty shoot-out and then to deliver. Kept trying to probe in central areas. 7
- Josip Drmic
Big, big goal and another example of his poaching instincts. 7
- Kenny McLean 7
Injected some much needed defensive ballast in the centre of the park.
(for Mario Vrancic, 67)
- Adam Idah 7
What maturity to step up and smash home a spot kick. Just unable to climb high enough to direct a header on target in extra-time.
(for Lukas Rupp, 72)
- Alex Tettey and Marco Stiepermann n/a
(for Tom Trybull, 89 and Emi Buendia, 87)