Fancy Tottenham away on the opening day of the Premier League season, City fans?
- Credit: PA
Norwich City’s first game back in the big time will be a glamour trip to Champions League finalists Tottenham Hotspur - according to a ‘leak’ reported by the Sun.
The Championship title winners will officially find out their full 2019/20 Premier League fixture list at 9am on Thursday, but the national title carried a story on Wednesday of an online 'leak' appearing to suggest Daniel Farke's men will travel to Tottenham's revamped White Hart Lane for the big kick off on Saturday, August 10 (12:30pm).
The online 'leak' has fellow new boys Sheffield United at Bournemouth on the same date while Premier League champions Manchester City start their title defence at Wolves on Monday, August 12.
City's opener has supposedly been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports, according to the online 'leak', but both Sky and BT - who share TV rights for the Premier League - do not usually announce which games they will be covering until a few weeks after the fixtures are released.
BT also hold the rights to the 12:30pm Saturday slot for domestic broadcast, when the online 'leak' suggests Norwich's opening day lunchtime trip to Spurs will be on Sky Sports.
You may also want to watch:
For the forthcoming season BT will broadcast 32 live matches on Saturday at 12:30pm and an additional 20 games from two midweek fixture programmes. Sky have later Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Friday evening slots.
- Norwich City's full, official 2019/20 Premier League fixture list will be available on pinkun.com from 9am on Thursday
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit