Daniel Farke prepared for sleepless nights after Toulouse friendly win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke is ready for the selection headaches to begin ahead of the Premier League opener at Liverpool after wrapping up pre-season with a 1-0 friendly win over Toulouse.
Kenny McLean's first half strike proved the difference at Carrow Road, although the Canaries wasted a number of opportunities to put the French club away.
Both Tim Krul and Ralf Fahrmann stepped up when called upon and that is just one area of Farke's squad where there is strong competition for a starting spot at Anfield.
"I am totally pleased with our keepers. They have been very good in pre-season," said the City head coach, who confirmed afterwards there were no fresh injury concerns after the final pre-season friendly, with Timm Klose expected to rejoin training this coming week after resting a hip issue. "I have two top class keepers and I would say a third in Michael McGovern. We have a decision to make and I will do that in the next few days but whoever starts at Liverpool I will tell them first. I don't think there are many clubs even at this level who have such quality in goal.
"Yes we seem to have come through okay with no problems. We had 18 outfield players today and lads like Mario Vrancic it was important to get another 35 minutes. We should have Alex Tettey and Louis Thompson back soon and Adam Idah needed 90 minutes so he went off with the under-23s and scored a hat-trick I believe. We are in a good place.
You may also want to watch:
"It seemed like a close game if you look at the final scoreline. It might have been a tennis score, 6-0 or something. We missed an unbelievable amount of chances and if you do that you must defend very concentrated. I would have preferred to score a few more times.
"They were a decent side though so it was a good performance. We created many chances, maybe allowed one or two each half but both the keepers were switched on. We showed we are in a good shape. Hopefully the goals will come."
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 9 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City