Transfer Deadline Day - City stand firm on prized assets
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City kept hold of Max Aarons, Emi Buendia and Todd Cantwell on a quiet deadline day.
Daniel Farke made it clear he did not expect to lose the trio when he addressed the media as part of his pre-match press call for the weekend’s Championship test at Rotherham.
Cantwell had been heavily linked to Leeds, while there was reported interest from Fulham, but his club did not receive one offer during the entire close season transfer window.
Aarons was the subject of a loan enquiry from Barcelona, which went no further as the Catalans turned their attention to signing Sergino Dest from Ajax, while Buendia had been mooted with clubs at home and abroad since top flight relegation.
Tom Trybull was the only piece of business after he sealed his loan move to Championship club Blackburn earlier in the day. Trybull joined the likes of Jamal Lewis, Ben Godfrey and Timm Klose in leaving Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
Out-of-favour trio Moritz Leitner and Josip Drmic remained at the club.
Klose left on a season long loan move to FC Basel last week but City have opted not to draft in a new centre back ahead of the deadline, although Farke made it clear at Colney he was keen to see a fresh signing at centre back before Friday’s 5pm cut-off.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 6 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia
Ben Gibson, Christoph Zimmermann and Grant Hanley will be the frontline options in the short term, with the likes of midfield duo Alex Tettey and Jacob Sorensen available in reserve.
• Recap all the twists and turns and what City fans made of deadline day, along with Farke’s team news and injury updates in the window above.