City keep powder dry in quiet end to Premier League transfer window deadline day
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City resisted the urge to make any transfer deadline day signings to Daniel Farke’s squad for the Premier League kick-off at Liverpool.
Norwich had been touted with a late transfer window move for French starlet Alex Claude-Maurice but reports of a 'substantial' bid from the Canaries in the past day or two are wide of the mark.
The Canaries had also been heavily touted with Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes for the majority of the summer but there will be no more arrivals or departures at Carrow Road ahead of the 5pm transfer window deadline.
City brought in Ibrahim Amadou on loan from Sevilla on Wednesday to make it five senior signings this summer for the Canaries.
The defensive midfielder joins fellow loan arrivals Ralf Fahrmann and Patrick Roberts at Carrow Road. Josip Drmic completed a free transfer move from German football while Sam Byram arrived from West Ham for a reported £750,000.
You may also want to watch:
Sporting director Stuart Webber has also overseen a further overhaul of the club's development pool but the clock is ticking for City to bolster their Premier League resources.
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 7 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 8 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 9 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City
- 10 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief