City keep powder dry in quiet end to Premier League transfer window deadline day
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City resisted the urge to make any transfer deadline day signings to Daniel Farke’s squad for the Premier League kick-off at Liverpool.
Norwich had been touted with a late transfer window move for French starlet Alex Claude-Maurice but reports of a 'substantial' bid from the Canaries in the past day or two are wide of the mark.
The Canaries had also been heavily touted with Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes for the majority of the summer but there will be no more arrivals or departures at Carrow Road ahead of the 5pm transfer window deadline.
City brought in Ibrahim Amadou on loan from Sevilla on Wednesday to make it five senior signings this summer for the Canaries.
The defensive midfielder joins fellow loan arrivals Ralf Fahrmann and Patrick Roberts at Carrow Road. Josip Drmic completed a free transfer move from German football while Sam Byram arrived from West Ham for a reported £750,000.
You may also want to watch:
Sporting director Stuart Webber has also overseen a further overhaul of the club's development pool but the clock is ticking for City to bolster their Premier League resources.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 10 Hanley a big fan of new City star