City confirm Przemyslaw Placheta signing
- Credit: Jason Dawson
Polish wide player Przemyslaw Placheta has sealed his move to Norwich City.
The 22-year-old speedster agreed a four-year-deal to join from Slask Wroclaw for an undisclosed fee, and will become a City player when the transfer window officially opens on July 27, subject to international clearance.
Placheta is the second signing unveiled by the Canaries in recent days ahead of the Championship return, following Jacob Sorensen’s pending move from Denmark.
“I’m excited to sign with Norwich City. This is the next step of my career and I’m happy to be here, so I will give my best for the team,” he said. “The last few days for me were exhausting but I’m here and I’m happy.
“I spoke with the sporting director and he told me all the things about this club. For sure, I was certain that I would make the move to Norwich City.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw that this is a team of young players, which is nice because we can be hungry for every game. We will try to do our best.
“I’m looking forward to playing in the Championship. I will do my best in training to fight for the team.”
- 1 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 2 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 3 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 4 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 9 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
The Polish Under-21 international scored eight goals in 35 appearances last season, and City head coach Daniel Farke feels he could offer a different dimension to his current squad.
“Przemyslaw is an unbelievably interesting player. He has seen a lot in his young years and has spent some time in Germany,” said Farke, speaking to the club’s official site. “Of course, he will have to adapt to English football, but he has shown unbelievable consistency in his games, delivering goals and assists. He has an end product and is full of pace and bravery.
“We think he can offer something different for us, particularly in the one-on-one duels and in behind the defensive line.”
The duo follow on from Sam McCallum, Melvin Sitti and Danel Sinani as new faces in Farke’s squad in the wake of relegation from the Premier League.
City’s sporting director Stuart Webber pledged last week their would be a turnover to the current roster as City look to overhaul the squad following Premier League relegation.
Bali Mumba, Sebastian Soto and Matthew Dennis have also been heavily touted with close season moves to Norfolk.