Norwich City transfer rumours: City touted with £10m midfielder
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Czech Republic holding midfielder Alex Kral is heavily linked with a move to the Premier League - and Norwich City have been mooted as a possible destination.
The 21-year-old moved to Spartak Moscow at the start of the season and his displays for club and country - including a key role in the shock 2-1 Euro2020 defeat of England earlier this month - is reportedly attracting firm interest from the top flight.
Everton head a queue of admirers which, according to Here In The City football site, numbers City, Burnley and Newcastle. HITC claim the Canaries even watched Kral in last Sunday's 3-0 away league win against Lokomotiv.
The Canaries brought in Ibrahim Amadou on a season long loan from Sevilla in the summer to provide competition for the likes of Alex Tettey but have a buy option, which has been reported in the Spanish press as 12m EUROS, at the end of the current campaign.
But Amadou has so far been needed in central defence in the early months of the Premier League season, with the Canaries missing a host of injured defenders.
You may also want to watch:
Experienced midfielder Tettey is out of contract at the end of the current campaign and has been widely touted with a return to Norway and Rosenborg.
Kral's representative, Karol Kisel, has confirmed there is long held interest from England but the highly rated defensive midfielder is enjoying his debut season in Russia.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
"We know about the interest in the Premier League, Alex has been watched for a long time," Kisel told the sport.cz site in his homeland. "But at the moment we are not dealing with the transfer. In the future, this is certainly an option. In addition, Alex is now focusing on adapting at Spartak and the final push for European Championship qualification. These are the priorities now."