Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries touted with French starlet
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Lorient’s highly rated young attacker Alexis Claude-Maurice is being tracked by Norwich City.
French daily sports newspaper L'Equipe reported on Wednesday afternoon the Canaries are keeping tabs on the 20-year-old, who has made a major impact in Ligue 2 this season for the promotion hopefuls.
Claude-Maurice, who can operate on either flank or in the number 10 role, has 14 goals and three assists in the French second tier this season to spearhead Lorient's bid to reach the top flight.
Lille and Monaco have both been linked with the youngster in recent months, who is reportedly under contract until 2022 and rated by L'Equipe at 10m EURO.
The French youth international is a former club mate of Matteo Guendouzi, who has made an eye-catching impact for Arsenal in his debut season in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
Lorient go into Friday's final league fixture at Le Harve just outside the play-offs on goal difference.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
Fits the age profile and would be operating in a league City scouts would be well aware of. However, given the reported clubs showing interest and more importantly the eight-figure transfer fee it would take to prize him out of Lorient, looks an unlikely one.
Plus Lorient could well be in Ligue 1 next season.