Norwich City transfer rumours: £10m-rated Ben Godfrey tracked by Manchester United
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City’s England Under-20 international Ben Godfrey is reportedly a summer target for Premier League giants Manchester United.
The Red Devils and Arsenal have previously been linked with the powerhouse central defender, who has emerged as a key figure in the Canaries’ Championship promotion push.
Now the Sun on Sunday claim United could test City’s resolve with a £10m bid this summer after scouts watched Godfrey smash home the winner in City’s recent 2-1 win at Rotherham United prior to the international break.
Godfrey signed a one year contract extension in 2018, which ties him to Carrow Road until 2022, with an additional one year option after originally joining the club in the Alex Neil era from York City.
Godfrey’s club form for Norwich saw him make his England U20 debut last week and the The Sun on Sunday suggest his defensive prowess and ability on the ball have flagged him up to United’s recruitment department.
You may also want to watch:
The three-time European Cup winners have yet to confirm Ole Gunnar Solskjær will take over at Old Trafford on a permanent basis from next season, but United are believed to have made defensive reinforcements a top priority in the upcoming summer transfer window.
The 21-year-old has scored three goals in 28 appearances, after grabbing his chance alongside Christoph Zimmermann, following injury and suspension to more established central defenders Timm Klose and Grant Hanley.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 5 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean