Norwich City transfer rumours: Crystal Palace step up Jamal Lewis interest
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Norwich City defender Jamal Lewis is being heavily touted with a surprise Premier League switch to Crystal Palace, with fresh reports talks have reached an ‘advanced stage’.
Football Insider's Pete O'Rourke claimed on Monday morning Palace have firmed up their interest in the Northern Ireland international, with Eagles' chief Roy Hodgson in the market for a left-sided defender ahead of Friday's 11pm deadline.
FI quote a Palace 'source' who suggests negotiations have reached an 'advanced stage' to sign the 22-year-old, who did start the Canaries' FA Cup fourth round win at Burnley on Saturday.
O'Rourke also suggests Lewis could be tempted by a switch to City's Premier League rivals after losing his league place to Sam Byram.
But that is believed to be wide of the mark, with no talks on going between the two clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis is under contract at Carrow Road until 2023 after emerging as a key figure for club and country since his first team breakthrough in Daniel Farke's first season with the Canaries.
Farke has consistently reiterated the club is under no financial pressure to sell any of their best young talent in this window and made it clear before the recent Bournemouth game the arrival of the versatile Lukas Rupp was also designed to provide cover in full back areas.
Lewis, Byram and Max Aarons are the only senior options with the likes of Philip Heise and James Husband allowed to depart earlier in the season.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul
- 10 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
Palace's rumoured interest in Lewis first surfaced earlier this month.