Norwich City transfer rumours: Premier League forward in Canaries' sights
- Credit: PA
Former Bournemouth and Everton attacker Josh King is reportedly interesting the Canaries.
City are in the market for a wide player who can operate down the middle for the top flight return and transfer guru, Pete O'Rourke, claims King could fit the bill.
King is under contract at Everton until the end of the current Premier League season after joining the Toffees from Bournemouth in January for a nominal fee.
But the 29-year-old has failed to score in 11 appearances, all from the bench, with his last outing coming at West Ham earlier this month.
Reports last month suggested Turkish duo Galatasaray and Fenerbahce were keeping tabs on King.
The Norwegian international spent six years on the south-coast, scoring 48 league goals in 173 appearances.
City have made use of the free agent market in the past under Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke. Teemu Pukki and Tim Krul have proved cornerstones of the two Championship title-winning campaigns.
- 1 Stay at Chelsea instead of joining a ‘lesser team’ - Souness advice to Gilmour
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Barcelona want to sell forward
- 3 Andy Hughes to link up with City coaching team for pre-season
- 4 'Champions League' quality Rashica is a coup for City
- 5 Posh talent 'over the moon' to seal Canaries switch
- 6 City cool interest in Ajer
- 7 Canaries linked with Newcastle youngster
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Midfielder wants clarity from French champions
- 9 Ex-City keeper signs new Wolves deal
- 10 Jayden Bogle not in City's sights
Josip Drmic also arrived on a free transfer ahead of the previous top flight tilt, but the Swiss international failed to make a serious impact when he got his chance towards the end of a season that ended in relegation in 2020.
Jordan Hugill and Adam Idah were back up options to Pukki in the most recent campaign, who will remain the number one striker under Farke for the Premier League return.