Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries linked with Scottish striker
- Credit: Archant
Dundee United’s Louis Appere is attracting interest from south of the border - with Norwich City reportedly one of the clubs keeping tabs on the £2.5m rated striker.
The 20-year-old has caught the eye during a breakthrough season in the Scottish Championship, notching four goals and providing five assists in 22 appearances since his league debut in August.
Teamtalk report Norwich and Premier League rivals Bournemouth have been alerted to the Perth-born youngster's progress, along with Championship promotion hopefuls Leeds and the big two in Glasgow.
The Tangerines' youth prospect signed a new deal in October keeping him at Tannadice until 2022, but Teamtalk claim United would be willing to listen to offers in January.
Norwich have been active north of the border on Stuart Webber's watch at Carrow Road, notably the protracted saga to sign Motherwell's attacking midfielder David Turnbull before the return to the Premier League last summer.
You may also want to watch:
Celtic appeared to win that race before Turnbull's Parkhead move collapsed after a knee issue was flagged in his medical.
City, however, have also brought the likes of highly-rated keeper Archie Mair and flying wide player Aidan Fitzpatrick south as they look to attract talent for the club's development set-up capable of eventually making the first team breakthrough at Carrow Road.
- 1 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 2 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw
- 3 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 8 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage