Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries linked with Scottish striker
- Credit: Archant
Dundee United’s Louis Appere is attracting interest from south of the border - with Norwich City reportedly one of the clubs keeping tabs on the £2.5m rated striker.
The 20-year-old has caught the eye during a breakthrough season in the Scottish Championship, notching four goals and providing five assists in 22 appearances since his league debut in August.
Teamtalk report Norwich and Premier League rivals Bournemouth have been alerted to the Perth-born youngster's progress, along with Championship promotion hopefuls Leeds and the big two in Glasgow.
The Tangerines' youth prospect signed a new deal in October keeping him at Tannadice until 2022, but Teamtalk claim United would be willing to listen to offers in January.
Norwich have been active north of the border on Stuart Webber's watch at Carrow Road, notably the protracted saga to sign Motherwell's attacking midfielder David Turnbull before the return to the Premier League last summer.
You may also want to watch:
Celtic appeared to win that race before Turnbull's Parkhead move collapsed after a knee issue was flagged in his medical.
City, however, have also brought the likes of highly-rated keeper Archie Mair and flying wide player Aidan Fitzpatrick south as they look to attract talent for the club's development set-up capable of eventually making the first team breakthrough at Carrow Road.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies