Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries track Manchester United’s on loan Blades’ keeper Henderson
- Credit: Imago/PA Images
Norwich City have been linked with a summer swoop for Manchester United’s highly-rated on loan Sheffield United keeper Dean Henderson - if they seal promotion to the Premier League.
City lead the Blades by four points at the top of the Championship, following a 2-1 win on Saturday at Rotherham United.
Henderson kept a clean sheet in Sheffield United’s 1-0 derby victory earlier in the day at fellow title rivals Leeds United, and the 22-year-old has played a major part in the second meanest defence in the league this season.
Now the Sun on Sunday report should Chris Wilder’s squad miss out themselves then Henderson’s parent club will look for a top flight loan next season.
The England Under-21 international keeper is reportedly on the radar of Norwich, Leicester City and Bournemouth but Manchester United will only sanction a fresh loan switch if Henderson can get regular football.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries were touted with a move for Henderson last summer, after he caught the eye at Shrewsbury in League One playing alongside Ben Godfrey and Carlton Morris.
City brought Tim Krul to the club but with Remi Matthews departing earlier this season and Michael McGovern out of contract in the coming summer a keeper looks a priority.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 9 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
Henderson has yet to make a first team appearance at Old Trafford but is under conrtact until 2020, with a further one year option.