Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries target French right back
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Rennes full back Mehdi Zeffane is on the Canaries’ radar.
The 26-year-old former Lyon trainee is being touted with a summer move to Carrow Road by French sports web site, le10sport.
City have reportedly enquired about Zeffane, who is out of contract this summer, although Rennes are keen to extend his stay.
The French-bred Algerian has made 18 Ligue One appearances for mid-table Rennes and also featured six times in the Europa League this season - including an assist in the last 16 3-1 home win over Arsenal last month.
Zeffane joined Rennes from Lyon in 2015 but is now attracting strong interest from clubs in France and abroad.
You may also want to watch:
Max Aarons has emerged as Norwich’s first choice right back, after a superb breakthrough season for the club, but Ivo Pinto is expected to leave when his contract expires this summer.
- 1 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries tracking Bosnia midfielder
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Bordeaux winger on the radar
- 4 'Criminally underrated' - City ace a huge Euros miss for Villa star
- 5 Sinani ready for a scrap at City
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Premier League forward in Canaries' sights
- 7 Buendia's Argentina call-up leaves Canaries in unfamiliar territory
- 8 Hit or miss? City's Premier League loan history
- 9 From Croatia to Iceland - the mixed fortunes of City's loan stable
- 10 Delia reveals Norwich squad's touching tribute to her late mother Etty
Given City’s track record under Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke of astute overseas recruitment at the right price Norwich would clearly be aware of a French top flight right back potentially available on a free transfer in the coming months.
Zeffane has experience of playing in European competition and given Norwich look light in that area of the squad, should Pinto move on, this ticks a lot of boxes. One to watch.