Norwich City transfer rumours: Nelson Oliveira set for Reading medical
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nelson Oliveira’s sour spell at Norwich City may be edging to a Carrow Road exit with the striker set to finalise a move to Championship strugglers Reading.
Football website Here is The City claimed on Monday lunchtime Oliveira is poised to have a medical with the Royals as he looks to kickstart his career after falling out of favour under Daniel Farke.
Reading boss Jose Gomes admitted he was an admirer of his fellow Portuguese following his side’s weekend Championship defeat to Derby and Reading have reportedly followed up their initial interest.
“Nelson Oliveira is a good striker,” Gomes told Football.London. “I don’t know if he will be our player or not, I cannot say.
“Like I have said before, it’s difficult to answer this kind of question because I don’t want to talk about players who are not ours.
You may also want to watch:
“If something new happens I will have all the pleasure to talk about the players.
“I know this player very well. In Portugal at one time everybody thought he could be our first striker in the national team. But this season he’s not playing, that’s all I know about the player.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
Oliveira was linked with Besiktas ahead of the January transfer window and sporting director Stuart Webber made it clear at the club’s last annual meeting the 27-year-old needed to sort out his future.
The Portugal international’s last senior appearance came on the final day of last season in a 5-1 hammering at Sheffield Wednesday.