Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries touted with Nick Powell
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have been included in a list of clubs tracking former Manchester United starlet Nick Powell - who is poised to become a free agent this summer when he leaves Wigan Athletic.
Powell made a late cameo against the Canaries in Sunday’s 1-1 Championship draw, after returning from injury, and the 25-year-old is being linked with a potential close season switch to Carrow Road.
Teamtalk report City, Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday are monitoring the attacker, who they claim has turned down a new contract to stay with the Latics.
Powell has scored seven goals and provided seven assists in 28 appearances for Paul Cook’s relegation-threatened side, but was a key figure in their promotion from League One last season.
The one-time Crewe trainee - who joined United for a reported £4m in 2012 but failed to establish himself at Old Trafford in a four year stint - is also attracting interest from German sides RB Leipzig and Borussia Moenchengladbach and Turkish giants Fenerbahce and Besiktas.
You may also want to watch:
Premier League Burnley and Brighton along with Scottish champions Celtic have also been previously linked in recent months.
The Canaries have relied heavily on Championship top scorer Teemu Pukki, who notched his 27th of the league campaign to earn a point in the north-west, but with Jordan Rhodes on loan from Sheffield Wednesday and Nelson Oliveira out of favour under Daniel Farke City may look to bolster their attacking options this summer.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland
LIKELIHOOD: Certainly fits the age and financial profile. Looks like there will be plenty of suitors at home and abroad but the prospect of Premier League football could be a trump card.