Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries weigh up £5m striker swoop
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Strasbourg forward Nuno da Costa is a £5m target for the Canaries.
City's top brass have made no secret they are in the market for attacking reinforcements this summer, ahead of their Premier League return to bolster a frontline heavily reliant on 30-goal striker Teemu Pukki.
Now the Sun claim over the weekend Strasbourg striker da Costa is on City's watch list along with Premier League rivals Brighton.
The 28-year-old Cape Verde international notched eight goals and provided five assists in 34 league appearances - including a goal in the 2-2 Ligue 1 draw at Paris Saint-Germain - last season for mid-table Strasbourg.
The Sun report Strasbourg could be tempted to cash in this summer with da Costa having two years left on his current deal after his original £540,000 move from lower-league Valenciennes in 2017.
You may also want to watch:
LIKELIHOOD: Patrick Roberts has arrived on loan from Manchester City but expect more firepower to arrive in the weeks ahead to ease the burden on Pukki. The financial numbers appear to rule out a return for Jordan Rhodes. Josip Drmic has been heavily touted with a Carrow Road switch in recent days after confirmation he is leaving Borussia Monchengladbach.
City were touted with interest in French striker Alex Claude-Maurice earlier this summer, who now appears set for Arsenal. But the French market is clearly one City's recruitment team will have scouted.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 5 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
Da Costa was the stand out performer in a lower half French top flight team last season and his ability to operate on either flank as well as down the middle is another tick in the box. But if Brighton are also in the mix Strasbourg would look ramp to up the price if they decide to cash in on the striker.