Norwich City transfer rumours: Bundesliga midfielder tracked
- Credit: PA
Norwich City retain an interest in Union Berlin's midfielder, Robert Andrich.
Respected German outlet, Bild, suggested on Monday afternoon the newly-promoted Canaries are among English clubs monitoring the £5.4m rated player.
Andrich has notched five goals and provided two assists in 28 appearances for Berlin, who look on course for a top eight finish in the Bundesliga.
The 26-year-old central midfielder can also operate further forward in the number 10 role and is reportedly out of contract in Berlin next summer.
Bild hint City's Premier League status could prove tempting for Andrich, who previously indicated his desire to try his luck in England.
Olly Skipp has been a revelation in a holding role this season but the Tottenham youngster will return to his parent club in the summer. Daniel Farke has made it clear he would love to bring Skipp back to Carrow Road but with Spurs yet to announce Jose Mourinho's successor, Skipp's next step remains up in the air.
The number 10 role was also a problem position for City during Norwich's last top flight tilt. Kieran Dowell has earned an extended run in the number 10 spot during the club's successful Championship promotion run in.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
- 10 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
Marco Stiepermann and Kenny McLean were both tried there before a mid-winter loan move for another Bundesliga player, Ondrej Duda, failed to pay off.
Andrich represented Germany at under 18, under 19 and under 20 levels and has been a key figure in helping Berlin establish themselves in the German top tier since promotion in 2019.