Norwich City transfer rumours: Besiktas step up Pukki interest
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki is on Besiktas’ radar - with reports in Turkey claiming initial talks have been held with the Norwich City striker’s representative.
Turkish sports newspaper, Foto Spor, claim on Saturday Pukki has been identified as a potential replacement for Besiktas striker and Turkish international Burak Yilmaz.
Foto Spor report the Istanbul club have held exploratory talks with Pukki’s representative, Teemu Turunen, although the outcome of the meeting remains unclear.
Watford frontman Danny Welbeck is also being linked, as Besiktas weigh up their options ahead of the summer transfer window.
City’s former player-of-the-year was touted with Besiktas’ rivals, Fenerbahce, earlier this season after a prolific start to the Premier League campaign continued his freescoring spell firing the Canaries to the Championship title.
You may also want to watch:
The 30-year-old has only scored twice since damaging his foot at Leicester City in December, and since the restart has been left of the starting line up on occasion for Josip Drmic.
The Finnish international, who is under contract at Carrow Road until 2022 with a further one year option in the club’s favour, is in line to start at Manchester City with Drmic suspended in Sunday’s top flight farewell.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
City have so far unveiled midfielder Jacob Sorensen and wide player Przemyslaw Placheta as the club look to refresh the squad for the Championship return.