Norwich City transfer rumours: Besiktas step up Pukki interest
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki is on Besiktas’ radar - with reports in Turkey claiming initial talks have been held with the Norwich City striker’s representative.
Turkish sports newspaper, Foto Spor, claim on Saturday Pukki has been identified as a potential replacement for Besiktas striker and Turkish international Burak Yilmaz.
Foto Spor report the Istanbul club have held exploratory talks with Pukki’s representative, Teemu Turunen, although the outcome of the meeting remains unclear.
Watford frontman Danny Welbeck is also being linked, as Besiktas weigh up their options ahead of the summer transfer window.
City’s former player-of-the-year was touted with Besiktas’ rivals, Fenerbahce, earlier this season after a prolific start to the Premier League campaign continued his freescoring spell firing the Canaries to the Championship title.
You may also want to watch:
The 30-year-old has only scored twice since damaging his foot at Leicester City in December, and since the restart has been left of the starting line up on occasion for Josip Drmic.
The Finnish international, who is under contract at Carrow Road until 2022 with a further one year option in the club’s favour, is in line to start at Manchester City with Drmic suspended in Sunday’s top flight farewell.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
City have so far unveiled midfielder Jacob Sorensen and wide player Przemyslaw Placheta as the club look to refresh the squad for the Championship return.