‘Things are very advanced with Norwich’ - Sinani on Canaries’ interest
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Danel Sinani is open to a summer move to Norwich City.
The Luxembourg international attacker is firmly on the club's radar, with sporting director Stuart Webber confirming exclusively to the Pinkun last week the youngster is one City is tracking.
Sinani, speaking to Luxembourg paper Le Quotidien, has revealed talks are progressing.
"I can confirm that Norwich are very interested in my services, but I haven't signed with them," he said, with the 22-year-old out of contract at the end of the current season. "Let's say that talks are well on their way. It's a club that plays in the Premier League, and even if they aren't well placed, it remains a very good level. It's simply the best league in the world.
"I'm not scared of that second division. Have you seen the games they play there? It remains very strong. It's a competition that's better than some top division elsewhere in Europe.
"What's certain is that I won't be playing in Luxembourg for 2020-21. As I said, things are very advanced with Norwich. They absolutely want me, but we have to see how things can or will be finalised. I haven't been to visit the infrastructures, but that's planned. The two parties just need to find the time."
You may also want to watch:
Sinani netted a hat-trick for his Luxembourg club, F91 Dudelange, last weekend on his first outing since the mid-winter break.
F91 manager Bertrand Crassen admitted after the game he expects Sinani to move on in the summer.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
"It's normal that clubs are interested in him with a contract ending at the end of the season, but for now, he's still with us. Knowing Danel a bit, he's not the kind to be destabilised by that," he said. "I've actually had confirmation of his implication by talking with him, even if it's only human to think of your future in such circumstances.
"Let's be honest, he's wasting his time this year in the BGL Ligue, so, next year, he'll need to find himself a club capable of helping him take that next step. For now, however, it won't make our opponents happy to see he's still well and truly here."
The left-sided attacker has scored 24 goals in 27 appearances in all competitions this season, including appearances in the Champions League and Europa League plus Luxembourg's European Championship qualifying campaign.