‘Things are very advanced with Norwich’ - Sinani on Canaries’ interest
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Danel Sinani is open to a summer move to Norwich City.
The Luxembourg international attacker is firmly on the club's radar, with sporting director Stuart Webber confirming exclusively to the Pinkun last week the youngster is one City is tracking.
Sinani, speaking to Luxembourg paper Le Quotidien, has revealed talks are progressing.
"I can confirm that Norwich are very interested in my services, but I haven't signed with them," he said, with the 22-year-old out of contract at the end of the current season. "Let's say that talks are well on their way. It's a club that plays in the Premier League, and even if they aren't well placed, it remains a very good level. It's simply the best league in the world.
"I'm not scared of that second division. Have you seen the games they play there? It remains very strong. It's a competition that's better than some top division elsewhere in Europe.
"What's certain is that I won't be playing in Luxembourg for 2020-21. As I said, things are very advanced with Norwich. They absolutely want me, but we have to see how things can or will be finalised. I haven't been to visit the infrastructures, but that's planned. The two parties just need to find the time."
You may also want to watch:
Sinani netted a hat-trick for his Luxembourg club, F91 Dudelange, last weekend on his first outing since the mid-winter break.
F91 manager Bertrand Crassen admitted after the game he expects Sinani to move on in the summer.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
"It's normal that clubs are interested in him with a contract ending at the end of the season, but for now, he's still with us. Knowing Danel a bit, he's not the kind to be destabilised by that," he said. "I've actually had confirmation of his implication by talking with him, even if it's only human to think of your future in such circumstances.
"Let's be honest, he's wasting his time this year in the BGL Ligue, so, next year, he'll need to find himself a club capable of helping him take that next step. For now, however, it won't make our opponents happy to see he's still well and truly here."
The left-sided attacker has scored 24 goals in 27 appearances in all competitions this season, including appearances in the Champions League and Europa League plus Luxembourg's European Championship qualifying campaign.