City eye double swoop for teenage midfielders
- Credit: PA
Norwich City do have an interest in Bolton's Regan Riley and Peterborough's Flynn Clarke - with the Canaries' reportedly in pole position to land Riley.
The Wanderers' attacking midfielder has been touted with Premier League Brighton this month, but Football Insider claim on Thursday afternoon City now look on course to land the 18-year-old for an initial £250,000.
Riley made his senior debut for Bolton in a 2-1 Football League Trophy defeat at Shrewsbury in October.
Meanwhile, Posh 18-year-old Clarke is another on City's academy recruitment watch list, but the Canaries are not poised to return with an improved offer this month after reportedly failing with a £700,000 package.
Another attacking midfielder, Clarke had notched three goals in 10 senior appearances for the League One promotion hopefuls, but has not featured this year. The youngster is believed to be out of contract in 2022 and yet to pledge his longer term future to Posh.
The Peterborough Telegraph reported on Wednesday Norwich's opening £300,000 offer had been rebuffed before an improved bid with a number of potential add ons was also turned down for a player Peterborough value 'in the millions'.
City's drive to sign young talent has been a marked feature ever since Stuart Webber arrived in Norfolk as the club's first sporting director with a clear remit to develop academy prospects.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries and Hornets clash in title tussle
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Greek international Dimitris Giannoulis is the only signing made in this current transfer window. Norwich remain in the market for a senior goalkeeping option ahead of Monday's 11pm deadline.