Canaries' travel agent set to close
Michael Bailey Norwich City is closing its independent travel shop, Travel Norwich City, due to the tough economic climate.Friday will be the last trading day for the enterprise that opened in 2000, and has operated “profitably” during its nine years.
Norwich City is closing its independent travel shop, Travel Norwich City, due to the tough economic climate.
Friday will be the last day of trading for the enterprise that opened in 2000, and has operated “profitably” during its nine years.
However the club announced on Monday the difficult trading conditions currently being experienced in retail led to the decision, although it is preparing to announce a new partnership with Thomas Cook.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “In the recent worsening economic climate it has increasingly proved very difficult to sustain a profitable business model for Travel Norwich City and with regret we have had to close the shop.
“My sincere thanks go out to all of the hard-working TNC staff who have been employed in the shop here at Carrow Road over the years.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
“The Thomas Cook deal will be very appealing to many supporters and more details of this will be announced soon.”
All existing bookings through Travel Norwich City are unaffected by the closure and will be transferred to Travel Centre's Grove Road branch.