Canaries Trust react to City’s membership revamp
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Canaries Trust have labelled Norwich City’s latest membership plans a ‘clear improvement’ with an emphasis on ‘getting it right this time around’.
City released details of how they plan to upgrade this season's membership allocation of tickets on Thursday, after the original scheme was poorly received by the majority of Canaries' fans in the wake of the original launch prior to the Premier League bow.
The Trust statement read: "A clear improvement from the current scheme with significant effort from the club to make the scheme as equitable as possible whilst generally less expensive.
"However to achieve this, it forces the creation of a relatively complex model that is offset somewhat by the fact that much of the 'thinking' is done for you as a fan/customer. The 'system' will inform you of your ranking, what you are entitled to, what your benefits are, what to do and when to do it.
"To the club's credit, they recognise that they could have done better in terms of the design and launch of the current scheme, especially in terms of consultation.
"Since September, they have genuinely placed emphasis on 'getting it right' this time around.
You may also want to watch:
"Also good to hear when asked, that they have additional resource planned to handle the inevitable peak of demand in queries between launch and the beginning of the new season.
"Some comfort can also be taken from the fact that all parties should only have to learn how the new relatively more complex model works once and then the core of it will remain in place for several seasons to come, other than minor tweaks along the way."
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley