PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v West Ham - Cantwell winning fitness battle
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game against West Ham - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
City’s relegation from the top flight will be sealed if they fail to beat the Hammers and end a run of six straight league defeats.
The Norwich boss provided the latest fitness bulletin on those who featured against Watford on Tuesday.
Todd Cantwell rejoined training on Friday for the first time this week following the hamstring injury which kept him out at Vicarage Road. Farke hinted he could feature from the bench on Saturday, but is likely to be firmly back in contention for the upcoming trip to Chelsea.
Alex Tettey was a doubt prior to the Watford game with a knee issue and was replaced in the second half at Vicarage Road by Kenny McLean. But Tettey is fit for duty against the Hammers. McLean, however, took a kick on the knee although Farke expects him to also be available.
You may also want to watch:
Grant Hanley and Sam Byram (hamstring-related injuries) are ruled out for the season. Moritz Leitner (hernia) has also been ruled out for the run in. Christoph Zimmermann has responded well to his latest course of injection therapy treatment and could return to team training before the end of the current campaign.
The Hammers need points to aid their own relegation battle. Former City player-of-the-year Robert Snodgrass missed the midweek home defeat to Burnley with a back complaint that could rule him out for the run in.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main lines from the press conference, with full reaction and build up to City’s behind closed doors Premier League game against West Ham throughout the day on pinkun.com