PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v West Ham - Cantwell winning fitness battle
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game against West Ham - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
City’s relegation from the top flight will be sealed if they fail to beat the Hammers and end a run of six straight league defeats.
The Norwich boss provided the latest fitness bulletin on those who featured against Watford on Tuesday.
Todd Cantwell rejoined training on Friday for the first time this week following the hamstring injury which kept him out at Vicarage Road. Farke hinted he could feature from the bench on Saturday, but is likely to be firmly back in contention for the upcoming trip to Chelsea.
Alex Tettey was a doubt prior to the Watford game with a knee issue and was replaced in the second half at Vicarage Road by Kenny McLean. But Tettey is fit for duty against the Hammers. McLean, however, took a kick on the knee although Farke expects him to also be available.
You may also want to watch:
Grant Hanley and Sam Byram (hamstring-related injuries) are ruled out for the season. Moritz Leitner (hernia) has also been ruled out for the run in. Christoph Zimmermann has responded well to his latest course of injection therapy treatment and could return to team training before the end of the current campaign.
The Hammers need points to aid their own relegation battle. Former City player-of-the-year Robert Snodgrass missed the midweek home defeat to Burnley with a back complaint that could rule him out for the run in.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 5 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main lines from the press conference, with full reaction and build up to City’s behind closed doors Premier League game against West Ham throughout the day on pinkun.com