Canaries winger joins Linnets on loan
- Credit: Archant
Academy winger Simon Power will remain with King’s Lynn Town for their National League adventure, becoming the second Norwich City player to join Ian Culverhouse’s squad ahead of the new season.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international joined the Linnets on loan in January and scored two goals in eight games prior to the season being suspended in March, both in a crucial 2-1 win at Gateshead.
Power will remain with Lynn for the 2020-21 season following their promotion to the top tier of non-league, after their National League North title was eventually settled using the points-per-game method.
The 22-year-old joins fellow Canaries youngster Archie Mair at The Walks, with the Scottish keeper having also been signed on loan by City legend Culverhouse ahead of the new season.
Power is under contract at Norwich until the end of the campaign, although there is the option for a further year in his deal. Signed from University College Dublin in January 2018, the speedy attacker is yet to be involved at first team level with his parent club.
He spent the second half of 2018-19 in the Dutch second tier with Dordrecht and managed a goal and an assist in 10 games during a spell which was punctured by a month out with a calf injury.
You may also want to watch:
A loan to Scottish Premiership side Ross County followed during the first half of 2019-20 but he barely featured, making four appearances before switching to Lynn in January.
In a short statement, thanking City’s sporting director Stuart Webber and loans manager Neil Adams for their help in getting the deal done, Linnets director of football, Rob Back, said: “We are all delighted that Simon will be coming back to us for next season.
- 1 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 2 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 3 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 4 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
“The exciting thing is that we only saw a glimpse of Simon in his short spell with us and we all look forward to seeing him back in the blue and gold.”
Culverhouse already has former City player Ryan Jarvis as a key part of his squad and has signed former Norwich striker Jamar Loza ahead of the new season as well, while star striker Adam Marriott was also with the Canaries as a youth player.
Other Lynn players also once on the books at Norwich include Sam Kelly, recent signing Tai Fleming and Ryan Hawkins.