Canaries winger joins Linnets on loan
- Credit: Archant
Academy winger Simon Power will remain with King’s Lynn Town for their National League adventure, becoming the second Norwich City player to join Ian Culverhouse’s squad ahead of the new season.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international joined the Linnets on loan in January and scored two goals in eight games prior to the season being suspended in March, both in a crucial 2-1 win at Gateshead.
Power will remain with Lynn for the 2020-21 season following their promotion to the top tier of non-league, after their National League North title was eventually settled using the points-per-game method.
The 22-year-old joins fellow Canaries youngster Archie Mair at The Walks, with the Scottish keeper having also been signed on loan by City legend Culverhouse ahead of the new season.
Power is under contract at Norwich until the end of the campaign, although there is the option for a further year in his deal. Signed from University College Dublin in January 2018, the speedy attacker is yet to be involved at first team level with his parent club.
He spent the second half of 2018-19 in the Dutch second tier with Dordrecht and managed a goal and an assist in 10 games during a spell which was punctured by a month out with a calf injury.
You may also want to watch:
A loan to Scottish Premiership side Ross County followed during the first half of 2019-20 but he barely featured, making four appearances before switching to Lynn in January.
In a short statement, thanking City’s sporting director Stuart Webber and loans manager Neil Adams for their help in getting the deal done, Linnets director of football, Rob Back, said: “We are all delighted that Simon will be coming back to us for next season.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland
“The exciting thing is that we only saw a glimpse of Simon in his short spell with us and we all look forward to seeing him back in the blue and gold.”
Culverhouse already has former City player Ryan Jarvis as a key part of his squad and has signed former Norwich striker Jamar Loza ahead of the new season as well, while star striker Adam Marriott was also with the Canaries as a youth player.
Other Lynn players also once on the books at Norwich include Sam Kelly, recent signing Tai Fleming and Ryan Hawkins.