Who gets the nod to partner Zimbo?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
With Ben Godfrey set to miss the start of Norwich City’s festive swing with a knee issue, Daniel Farke faces another centre back headache ahead of Wolves’ weekend Premier League visit to Carrow Road.
Godfrey was pictured earlier in the week at London Liverpool Street train station with his right leg in a protective brace. The England Under-21 international did play the entire 1-1 draw at Leicester City last Saturday but required treatment to a right knee problem in the first half at the King Power stadium.
With Timm Klose (knee) a longer term absentee and Grant Hanley just back in full training, Farke may need to find another creative solution.
Both Alex Tettey and Ibrahim Amadou have been tried in central defence during an injury-hit season for City's backline. Jamal Lewis was also deployed in that position during pre-season while Akin Famewo's progress through the club's development set-up has seen him rewarded with a new deal and now training regular with Farke's first team squad.
That leaves Christoph Zimmermann as the club's only fully fit senior centre back for the visit of Wolves. Zimmermann, himself, returned from a knee issue well ahead of schedule last month at Everton. But who should partner him at Carrow Road and for the upcoming festive games if Farke confirms on Friday lunchtime Godfrey is the latest central defensive casualty?
You may also want to watch:
- Choose from the list or leave another suggestion in the comments section from Farke's available resources.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 Farke, Frankfurt and the future