Toothless City let Wolves off the hook for Farke
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke admitted Teemu Pukki’s off day typified Norwich City’s sore 2-1 Premier League defeat to Wolves at Carrow Road after the Canaries blew a stack of chances.
The Canaries' nine goal top scorer was foiled on numerous occasions by Rui Patricio, who also pulled off a brilliant stop from Kenny McLean and managed to divert Alex Tettey's long range hit against the base of a post.
Todd Cantwell's goal was scant reward for Norwich's first half dominance but Romain Saiss and Raul Jimenez hit back after the interval to punish City's profligacy.
"Goals change the mood," he said. "We were confident and brave in the first half. The game should already be buried. We scored, we hit the inside of the post with Alex Tettey's strike when everyone inside the stadium is already celebrating and then we had our inform striker, in red hot form, he had three one-on-ones.
"In a normal game he comes back in with three or four goals and we are talking about the fireworks from my side.
You may also want to watch:
"The players are human beings, not robot. They can all have an off day.
"It should be 4-0 or 5-0. One of those days. Football feels like the most unfair sport in the world. In tennis or basketball when you have more points you win the game but football can be settled by perhaps two goals. Although you are the better side you lose.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
"You can't wait for a fair outcome, you have to go out and grab your fair reward We missed an unbelievable amount of chances. Wolves used two out of their three chances and were so clinical.
"This is a tough loss because performance wise in most periods we were fantastic."