Canaries won’t be underestimating East Anglian rivals
Colchester have been tipped as one of City's major rivals for promotion - by Bryan Gunn. 'I would expect them to be challenging,' said the City boss. 'Certainly for one of the top six, seven spots come the end of the season.'
Colchester have been tipped as one of City's major rivals for promotion - by Bryan Gunn.
“I would expect them to be challenging,” said the City boss. “Certainly for one of the top six, seven spots come the end of the season.”
Gunn has done his homework on today's opponents - he watched their last home game of last season and spent Thursday night analysing videos of their pre-season games.
“We've watched them on a number of occasions and I sat up and watched through most of the games they have played this season - it's going to be a tough fixture,” added Gunn.
You may also want to watch:
“Colchester brought in some new signings at the end of last season - Paul Lambert was obviously trying to rebuild the squad then, and he has also been buying wisely throughout the summer, so they, like ourselves, have got new faces.
“They will be competitive, they will be strong, physical - we know what to expect and we have to stand up to that and hope that we win the little battles on the field and then with the help of the supporters and the play we have had during pre-season get on top of the game and take our chances when they come.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 5 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
“It's certainly a tough fixture for an opening fixture, but at the same time it is an opportunity for us to set down that marker I have talked about.”